Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Finals, Birthday, and a Visitor

The old saying that the busier you are the faster time goes by certainly is true. It seems like were just got out our Christmas decorations, put up the tree, and started counting down to Christmas. Now Christmas is in two days. Wow. Time is flying by.

Well, the first week of December was filled with sick kids and the last few days of class for me. Caleb had yet another ear infection-the third since his tube came out, and the girls had colds. With some sleep, and antibiotics for Caleb, they were quickly back to normal. Just in time for finals.

My finals went great-two tests and two essays. I did really well my first semester back in school going full-time since I had Isabelle nine years ago. I thought I would be overwhelmed with school, my calling, and raising my kids, but everything was great. I have heard that the more you have going on the more organized you have to be. This must be true because I was able to accomplish my academic goals for the semester.

Lucky for me, my birthday fell right in the middle of finals week. But because I knew that I had a special visitor coming for my birthday, I finished my papers early so I could hang with...my mom. She came in the night before my birthday, Dec 10. On my big day, we went shopping, to lunch, and to dinner. How lucky am I! She sure spoiled me. Jordan gave me the Twilight soundtrack, and my in-laws gave me cold, hard cash -which is nice because I could get what I needed. When my mom was here, I also drug her to Twilight. She wasn't a fan of the book or movie, but she went anyway. What a trooper.

Another big thing that happened was that my mom gave us our Christmas present while she was here. We got...a big boy bed for Caleb. It was about time. He has been crawling out of his crib since February. He went from looking so big in his crib to looking so little in his bed. But I think he likes that his bed is just like his sisters'.

Now we just can't wait for Christmas. I love this time when people generally think of others, although the kids saw an altercation in the mall the other day when they were out shopping with Jordan, people tend to be more charitable, and that everyone wish you a Merry Christmas at the stores, at least here in the bible belt. I am so grateful to have this time of year when Christ is remembered. I am grateful that he was born in such humble conditions to become the most important man that every graced the face of the earth.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas.

No comments: