January was crazy, especially after I started school again. I don't know what I was thinking when I decided that taking 15 hours was a good idea because it wasn't. I must have had a momentary lapse of insanity. By the time I realized that I had taken on quite a bit, it was too late to drop my classes. With all of that said, I love school and my classes are really interesting. Who wouldn't be interested in learning about the deviants in society and why they do what they do? Especially when some of the topics are same-sex orientation, prostitution, and suicide. The most uplifting class by far (yes, that was sarcasm). So besides that class, I have two poli sci classes-Elections, the Law, and the Courts (which I find fascinating. It is a good thing that I want to work the campaign trail) and Comparative Politics (again, very fascinating. Looks like I finally picked the right major), French 102, and Women in Literature (this is a gen ed requirement but very interesting and it keeps me busy. I have to read 7 novels written by women in the 19th century). In January, I also finished my second quilt and lost both my counselors in primary for a few weeks because they both had sweet, adorable babies. All I can say about that is that I could not fulfill my calling without them. I truly realized how much I rely on them for support and help.
The kids are good and growing. Abbi has been busy losing teeth. Izzy has been busy growing as tall as me. And Caleb has been just busy. We have had the wonderful opportunity of harboring pink eye in our home for the past month. Which ended with me getting it. We have also had the perpetual cold.
Jordan is still loving work. In fact, he came home from work on Friday and said, "I love my job." How many people can say that? And this is the worst time of his training and work. Amid all the financial problems and current "crisis," I am so grateful for his job and the security that it provides our family. It is so comforting knowing that the chance of him being fired/furloughed/laid off is so small and that has brought us enormous peace. On top of that, he is a great doctor. The nurses love him and so do his patients.
February flew by! I can't believe it is March 2. We had really nice weather for most of February so it was a big surprise last night to get a phone call from the school district that school was canceled today. Jordan and I looked out the window to see SNOW! Real snow. Not the kind that melts by 8:00am the next morning but real measurable snow. I think we got 4" or so. I realize for ya'll in UT that this is nothing, but for NC where we have THREE snow plows for the whole county it is a big deal. I think that the real problem comes from the fact that it rained all day yesterday and then everything froze.
We are really looking forward to a few things in March-Spring Break! (mine is the 9-16 and the kids is the 16-23) match day because we are planning for a few friends to be joining us in NC (that would be the Fife's and the Burton's) and warm weather.




6 comments:
Exciting.
Love that you posted all of that. Sorry classes are crazy but spring break is around the corner and we are going to go hang out. I need it!
Well it is 6 degrees up here today! Enjoy your pitiful snow while it lasts:) I think we have had 146 inches so far this year and I have cried over every inch! SO, glad to see an update of your cute family! Take care!
Ummmmm, you didn't mention your haircut OR post pictures!!!!! Seeing that picture of snow made me sick looking at the window today with our 80 degree weather. I'm glad it changed! But had it not, we wouldn't have had an AWESOME McD's run!!!!
We are hoping to join you too, I'm glad that I'm not the only one doing the count down. COME ON North Carolina!!!!
I MISS YOU GUYS!! I mean honestly. SERIOUSLY!!! Amber and talk about coming to see you all the time and now we need to make it happen! Any chance you're coming up here!? Sounds like you are keeping busy with life, school, etc... but it's all good things! HAPPY EASTER and know that I MISS YOU TONS!!
xoxox
Post a Comment