The first place that we went was the Virginia Creeper Trail in Damascus, Virginia. It was beautiful! All of us got on our bikes and went on a 17 mile ride. Yes. All of us went on a 17 mile bike ride. Well, in actuality, we coasted down hill for 17 miles. It was beautiful! We stopped at an old train depot, ate frozen candy bars, played in the river, and enjoyed each others company. Sweet little Caleb fell asleep about a mile from our car and because he was in a trailer, his head kept bobbing around. To top things off, when we got him out, he was covered in pebbles and dirt from the trail. After the ride, we were off to our home. We decided to go a different way home than the way we came because all of us got a little car sick on the way there, even I did and I was driving, because the road was so windy. So we instead took the truck route and found ourselves in Boone. This is totally a place I could live. Or in Blowing Rock which is the next town. It was like a North Carolina Park City for those of you who know Park City. To top it off, Jordan took me on a mini shopping spree to my most favorite store, Banana Republic! Score!
The next place we adventured to was Lake Lure, NC where Dirty Dancing was filmed. We also took in the sights at Chimney Rock, well I stood as far away from the edge while everyone else took in the view. For those of you who don't know, I do not do heights. Anyway, we spent a great day at the lake and found our dream home situated nicely right on the lake. This home, however, wasn't for sale and is definitely out of our price range...forever. We also had a great dinner where I swear Malin Akerman, the actress in The Proposal and Couple's Retreat. Jordan remains undecided on the issue.
Since then, school, kids, calling, and everything that is required of a woman has consumed my life. That said, I love school. I love my classes. I have great professors. I have great friends. I am, however, very excited to be done in May so that I can once again focus on my family. I am at this time seriously considering a Masters program that would take us back to DC, but because of the cost, Jordan says I would have to work right away so this might be put off for a few years until our kids are older because, well, I really don't want to work. I want to play with my kids while they want to play with me.

Jordan has really been the lucky one in the family. He was able to go to San Diego for a conference for work. Translation-he got a free trip to San Diego and all he had to do was go to meetings before he got to play. He did bring back great gifts including a fabulous purse for moi. The kids, well Izzy is in 5th grade, her last year of elementary school, and loving it. She is still riding horses, but we did change barns. She is riding a sweet boy named Buck. Abbi is in 2nd grade and borderline board, all the time. She is taking gymnastics and almost has a round-off back handspring without being spotted. She is our monkey and always doing cartwheels around the house. Caleb is in preschool 3 days a week and really loves feeling big. He isn't in any activities (thank goodness because between the girls we have 7 hours of extra activities a week) but loves running around with our neighborhood friends.
One highlight from the last few weeks was being able to watch General Conference. I am always so grateful for the inspired words that come from our prophets and the leaders of the Church. I am so grateful for my testimony and the surety that I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is truly the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I love Conference because it always renews me and gives me the drive, and the hope, that I can do better. What a blessing it is to be guided by a living prophet who receives direct revelation.
Well, there it is...the update. You know, maybe my posts would be shorter if I posted more often? Just an idea.







6 comments:
Love that dream house! We'll have to try the VA Creeper trail when Kevin is a little bigger.
I love the pictures of Caleb at the lake. I could just eat him up - he's so cute!
Looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun lately!!! Cute pictures!!!
What a fun trip. Your kids are getting so big!
DC sucks you in and makes you want to go back. I keep telling Mike we are going to end up back there for something.
Come back to D.C.!! Come back to D.C.!! Was so good to see you!!!
You guys have been doing fun stuff!
Isn't it funny how D.C. keeps showing up in your life. I just ran into someone from out there- that happens all the time!
Dru was talking to Jordan and said you guys still think we're sharing Brooke's blog.
So here's a link to our blog
www.kiwiandaneagle.blogspot.com
Post a Comment