Monday, December 26, 2011

A Year in Review



This year has been a busy one, but aren't they all. Here is a low down of what happened:

January: We decided to forgo finding out what gender our baby would be. I decided it was a boy to be named Andrew Paul.
February: Izzy started her first season of soccer and loved it.
March: We headed to Kiawah Island, SC for a conference where we went on a bike ride. And I went in to preterm labor. Not a surprise for those t
hat know me.
April: Jordan and I celebrated our 11th anniversary with him off doing interviews for a fellowship in Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery. Caleb also celebrated his 5th birthday in Peter Pan style.
May: On the 11th at 7:oo am, we welcomed our third daughter, Emma Caroline. I was shocked and we were left to scrabble for a name since I was sure we were having a boy. Emma was a peanut weighing in at 6 lbs. But she was born a little more t
han three weeks early.
June: We were busy with visitors and finding out that we were moving the Gulf Shores, AL for fellowship. We are really looking forward to a year on the ENT department here in Winston-Salem. It has been an adjustment to have him gone ALL THE TIME. Seriously. It is all the time.
August: Izzy turned 12 and joined the Young Women program at our church. Are we seriously old enough for that? The kids also started school. Izzy started 7th grade, Abbi 4th, and Caleb got to get on the bus with his big sister and start kindergarten. Yep, just Emma and I home during the day.
September: Abbi started competing for the gymnastics season. She competed level 5. It took up several Saturdays through December. Emma and I were also able to make a trip to MN to see my sister and her family. It was awesome. Izzy and Caleb started a new season of soccer. Logistics were interesting since Dad was never home (see July).
October: Came and went in a blur. Halloween was a blast. We had a giant baby, a green crayon, a transformer, a ladybug, a guy from "Deadliest Catch" and his catch (aka crab). The candy came and went in a blur, too.
November: Abbi turned 10 and was still busy compe
ting. Of course, I love November for Thanksgiving and we had a truly awesome feast. I love being in the kitchen. We were also lucky enough to see a few of our friends become parents for the first time.
December: I celebrated the 3rd anniversary of my
29th birthday. My mom made it out. My birthday was also the weekend of NC state level 5 meet, which was in Wilmington. It was a lot of fun. I got to be on the beach on my birthday. Awesome. Can you tell we are really excited about moving to the beach?

We are so grateful for all that we have been bless
ed with this year. We have a lot of changes coming up in the next few months; some which make us quite nervous (like selling a house) but we have complete faith that our Heavenly Father has a wonderful plan for our busy family.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


1 comment:

burton family said...

I can't believe that you guys will be moving for fellowship so soon. WOW time flies.
ummmmm you are in big trouble with all those cute girls, especially Abbie she is gorgeous already! Good luck when they start to date.