Friday, July 20, 2007

Did We Really Grow-Up

You would think that after having 3 kids, a dog, moving across the country, buying a house, and being married for 7 years, I would realize that I am a grown-up. But I hadn't until recently. I guess I have felt that my time was standing still. My children change daily, but does that mean I do too? The answer: Yes. How did I come to this realization? Seeing one of my friends from high school become a father.

I was checking out all of my friends blogs, when I saw my friend and his wife had had their baby. Now many people that are my age have a child. Especially those from Utah. But seeing him holding his son, I thought to myself, "He looks like a grown-up."


And that is when it hit me. Somewhere between graduating from Park City High School in 1998 to present day 2007, I grew-up. Not only did I grow-up, but all of my dear friends grew-up with me. Maybe I imagined that they were all standing still in their lives and that they wouldn't change that much. Maybe it is like when you go away for a long time and you know you are changing but you think everyone will be the same upon your return. This, however, isn't so. As I have lost touch with many of my friend's from high school, I am anxious to see what they have done with their lives. What are they doing? What adventures have they had? And most importantly, who have they become? I know that I have become someone that most of them wouldn't dream of.

I hope those that I cherished in high school are happy. I know I am happy and blessed beyond imagination. And, I also know, I am a grown-up.

2 comments:

jonna said...

'Ra,Ra,Ra, Park High, Dear Ol' Park High!"
Crazy realization, huh? I still don't feel grown up either. I am barely getting started on my first kid after 5 1/2 years of marriage...to my highschool sweetheart of 10 years. So we are a little slow. Crazy about Spence huh? You are an awesome mom! I enjoy your blog and that we can keep in touch over all these years.

Eliza said...

"Whah Hoppen"!!