Well first Breaking Dawn came out. I read it in under 48 hours and I did love it. Especially the last chapter. I felt that she wrapped everything up while giving her the flexibility to write spin-offs.
We said good-bye to a great Elder-Austin Hyde. It was sad to see him go because he was a great missionary and his parents should be proud. We became really close to him and shared many laughs.
Then we went to Utah for three weeks. We had a great time. We went to the Children's Museum in Gateway, Hogle Zoo, Park City's Main Street, Benson to waterski, Logan, the SL temple, and everywhere in between. My sister Shawni and her little girl, Stella, even made a special trip up to SL to visit us. The girls also got in a day of shopping while the boys went to Cabela's. We had a great time at Craig and Barbara's wedding and at my 10 year high school reunion.
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |
When we got home, Isabelle, Abbi, and I all started school. Izzy is in the 4th grade and loving it. Abbi is in the 1st grade but bored. And I am a junior studying Political Science. I need 41 credits to graduate and I am loving going to school. Caleb goes to the home of a sister in our ward. He is having fun with her little girl.
Two days after we came home, Izzy turned 9! 9! Can you believe it! I can't. We just had a simple dinner and some cake for her big day. She hasn't had a party yet because she can't decide what she wants to do.
Another change that happened shortly after we got home was the announcement that our ward was splitting. Great for the growth of the Church, stressful for me. Serving as the Primary President makes it tough, though, because it is hard trying to replace the teachers that we are loosing.
Then Jordan and I had a whirlwind trip back to Utah for a wedding. We were there less than 36 hours. But it was great. Congrats, Matt and Lyndsey.
Now we are just trying to settle into a routine. Sometimes I wonder if I took on too much going to school full-time, but I really just want to finish.
So, that is what we have been up to. Blogging has definitely lost its priority to studying, so it may be a while before the next post.





11 comments:
There you are! I was just telling Kris the other day that you must have started school because you haven't blogged lately. I am so glad to hear you are enjoying it. I hope it goes fast. It was so much fun to see you guys in Utah, we really miss being close to you. Once the snow starts falling we might have to run to NC to see the sun again! Take care and good luck with it all!
I thought you were gonna be a nurse?
Why political science?
Good luck.
Sounds like a busy month.
It was really good to see you at the wedding...you never mentioned school and Primary President! You definately have your hands full. And I too can't believe your Isabel is 9. Time flies when you're having fun, right?
Good for you - going back to school must feel so great! I miss learning, and have thought about signing up for some classes as well! We hope to see you soon!
Holy Crap Girl! Primary pres., full time student, mother of 3, wife of a resident...might as well run for president next (after you get your poli sci degree of course!) You all look great. Your kids are all beautiful (I hope Izzy and Abby are planning to meet up with the Lewis boys in the future) but I still think Kaleb looks like he belongs to me. Glad to see a new post- I was getting worried about you! xoxo dixie
I forgot to tell you guys we've started our own blog
www.kiwiandaneagle.blogspot.com
gosh- we have missed you. i second everything dixie had to say. your life is crazy. hang it there, you look great and so do your kids. sounds like an adventure- or torture :)
Good for you! Don't give up! What happen to nursing?
wow! You are amazing. Doing it all as usual. Primary pres, huh? Those kids are lucky to have you. You are still my all-time favorite VT companion!
It was so fun to see you guys at Matt's wedding.
HI! I can't believe how bug your kids are getting! WOW. We need to come see you-- it's beyond ridiculous! Do your children even remember who thier best friends are!?!?
xo
Post a Comment