Tuesday, November 25, 2008

November Recap

It amazes me how time goes by when I keep busy. And being busy is an understatement. I really can't believe that Thursday is Thanksgiving. I would swear that November just began, but here it is almost over.

The first major event in November was Abbi's 7th birthday. WOW! I honestly cannot believe that she is seven. She had a great birthday. It started out early with the presents (she did not want to wait until the evening). She was thrilled to get HSM3 soundtrack, a webkinz, an outfit, and a guitar she has been asking for for over a year. Then we had her party. The theme was Camp Rock. If you don't know what Camp Rock is, consider yourself lucky. It is a movie about a summer camp that focuses on Rock 'n Roll. It stars the Jonas Brothers and is a Disney movie. Anyway, we played freeze dance for dance class, played camp games and relays, had pizza, cake, and presents. She had a great time with her friends from school and church.

Newborn Abbi (she is just minutes old)



The next week of November was spent focusing on midterms. I had two papers and one oral exam. It was crazy, but I managed to get A's on all of them. All I can say is that priesthood blessings really work. And so does prayer. If I keep up my level of work, I will get a 4.0. Awesome! The best part is I know that I didn't do it alone.

Now, I love my kids birthdays, but there was another event in November that was almost as wonderful and may have tied for 1st. That would be the even that happened on November 21st. Any guesses? It was, brace yourselves, the premier of Twilight! I loved it. I had my doubts about Robert Pattison when they first announced he was going to be playing Edward, but he can bite my neck anytime. I loved the movie. It was a big event here, at least among my friends. About 16 of us went to dinner, then 26 went to the movie (where we screamed and yelled over Edward's perfect entrance and how drop dead gorgeous Carlisle is), and then 8 of us crashed in a hotel. Well, crashed isn't right. We were up until 4am laughing and talking, then we briefly rested before having breakfast and going home. What a great start to the weekend.



Last but not least is the BYU vs UT game and I couldn't be happier about the win. We went to a party with 15 or so BYU fans and Jordan and I came decked out in our red with a UT football that my dad gave Caleb for Christmas last year. It plays the UT fight song so every time we scored, which was a lot, we played the song. Let's just say that the party would have been very depressing if it weren't for us. GO UTES!



8 comments:

Kim H. said...

Sounds like a fun girls night, can't believe how big Abbi is, and good job on the grades!

Harmony said...

We had fun gloating over the Ute's win too! It's dangerous to live in Utah Valley and be cheering on the team in red!

Fun times at the McF home said...

I have a picture of Abbi at my wedding, tiny as can be. I can't believe it's been 7 years! Congrats on the grades. That's impressive!

Calder Family said...

I can't believe Abbi is 7!!! She looks so grown up! It feels like I was just came to D.C. to tend her when she was 2! Crazy! I was thinking about you when twilight came out. I also loved it! Miss you guys, have a great Thanksgiving!

Sissy Jackson said...

C- I love you and I miss you! Your kids are so big..and what is up with your BLOND kid? I love it! Contact me Soon!

Jessie said...

Happy Birthday to Abbi!!! I can't believe she is 7. I remember coming to visit you in the hospital. She was just hours old and you were walking around the hospital room like childbirth was no biggie. Miss you! (Oh, and yes, I've seen Twilight twice now and I'm ready for another . . . )

Lewis Family said...

I'm a little late on this one...but Happy Birthday Abbi! What a sweet little girl, miss her hugs!

Jill said...

All I learn from this post is 16 FRIENDS!?! So you've found all these new friends now and forgotten about us here!?!? I miss you!! And YES--Twilight was AWESOME! I saw it back to back the night it opened! CHEERS!