So a few days after Christmas, I set out to make something on my new sewing machine. Now, a few years back when Izzy was little, I tried to make her a dress and things just didn't go well, hence the rivalry. So Jordan was a little hesitant to let me go out and buy material for this "project." I don't blame him. I set off to the fabric store with Izzy and Abbi in tow to help me pick out material for a, you ready for this, quilt. Now, if you know me at all you know that I never take the easy or simple route when learning something. I always dive in like I can accomplish anything, which is why the dress was such a disaster. I mean, who starts with organza...me. Anyway, the quilt is intended for my dear friend and counselor, Shay. She is having her first little girl any day and I thought, "I can do this." So I did.
How did I do?
So now I am addicted and already making another quilt for my friend and other counselor, Amanda, who is due to have her second boy any day. Hopefully this one will turn out too.




8 comments:
After reading the title I thought you were starting another book addiction. You were setting it up like it was going to be a disaster! I was WAAAAAAY impressed with how the quilt turned out. That is a project I'm familiar with so I know how much work goes into it. Seriously, the things you do with your time when school is out!!! Are you going to keep sewing once school starts? :)
My sewing machine and I have an on again/off again relationship. Right now we are off again...I don't want to talk about it. :)
You did a fabulous job! Keep the projects going. Looks like you had a great Christmas, miss you all!
I think a sewing machine would run away if it ever thought I was the owner...but this looks great! Good luck with the next.
Wow! Great job. I have a had a sewing machine for over a year and I have done almost nothing on it. I'm going to try to be inspired by your awesome quilt.
Its looks great, I have also started that same love hate relationship but have only made dresses never a quilt, good job, we missed you over chirstms
Cuteness! :) I got a hand-me-down old sewing machine for Christmas! My mom got a fancy new one! It works great and I am excited to get started on something myself!
Looks great!
Post a Comment