Monday, May 21, 2007

The Big Day



He did it! He is officially Dr. Jordan Lee Wallin, MD. I am so proud of him.

The day was amazing. We started out on the National Mall directly in front of the Capitol Building. What a sight. I kept telling myself that no other university in the nation was having this kind of commencement ceremony. The weather was beautiful. The speakers were OK, but this is an experience that we will never forget. We are glad that we chose to endure the two-hour ceremony. At the very least, we won't ever regret not going.

The actually medical school graduation was in the afternoon at Lisner Auditorium. It was another two-hour event, but this one was much better. Dr Harvey Finstein was the keynote speaker. He was great. The student speaker was also great. Jordan was announced as "Dr. Jordan Lee Wallin" and then he was hooded by a mentor (the hood is the thing around his neck). This was great, but it really hit me that he was an MD when he recited the Hippocratic Oath, the oath to do no harm. I cried. The girls were so proud of their daddy. They made him special cards. What a great day for our family. It was also great to see our closest friends experiencing the same things. Congrats class of 2007!

I guess that with every high there is a low. While I am looking forward to our new adventure in NC, OK I am looking forward to finally being in a home, I am very, very sad to be leaving DC. This has been our home for four years. We have made wonderful friends. Our church ward has been awesome. Tears are coming more frequently as I think about departing this area but I am confident that we will love NC just as much, just differently.

3 comments:

Misa S said...

Congrats to Jordan and the Wallin family!!! That is such an amazing accomplishment! Cianne, I know what you mean. We still have a year and are getting sad to leave DC too! We were in town this weekend and we missed seeing you guys! Congrats again and again!

Chereebee said...

Cianne -
So this is so crazy!?! (hopefully you remember who I am:) I found your blog from Emily Nestmans blog! And I was like, "Wait a minute... I know a Jordan and Cianne Wallin!!" So I had to check out your blog! We've thought about you and your family alot and wondered where you guys were. I can't believe how big Isabelle is! I remember when she was 2 and tending her - I thought she was the cutest things ever! And we came to the hospital when Abbie was born and look how big she is and so cute!! Caleb is such a cutie too! Umm this blog comment is getting pretty long and I still have lots more to say....give me your email address so we can chat!!! My email is chereepackham@hotmail.com

Emily said...

Congratulations, Jordan! That is seriously so awesome...what an accomplishment. When do you guys go to North Carolina? I cannot believe how big your kids are!