Friday, October 5, 2007

Twilight


I am officially on the "Twilight" band-wagon. I am addicted. I must say that I was skeptical at first. I mean, really, a girl falls in love with a vampire! Although I must admit that I really liked the movie "Interview With the Vampire" starring Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise. (this was before I stopped watching those pesky rated-R films) And the idea of vampires is interesting. But I was still skeptical because a girl falls in love with a vampire and everyone I know loves this series.

To fully explain my addiction, I must start at the beginning. I read this book for a book club. I got it Saturday night from a friend because the wait list at the library is over 16 people long. I started reading it on Monday night. I thought it was OK; an easy read. But then I fell in love with Edward. And I couldn't put the book down until I learned what was to be the fate of Bella and Edward. My poor kids, husband, and house suffered because I really couldn't put the book down. I finished the book last night at 6:30 and realized I hadn't made a snack for my kids after school and it was past dinner time. So we had waffles for dinner. Then I went upstairs to look at more online because you find everything online. Did you know that they are going to make a movie? I can't wait. Check out the Twilight website. Then Jordan walked in the door our conversation went like this:

"I am so glad you are home. I have to go to the bookstore and buy two books. I can't stand not knowing what is going to happen next."

"Can't you just get it from the library?"

"No, the wait list is too long. I need it now so I can read more."

Jordan sighed and shook his head at me. He must think I am crazy. Or easily entertained because I am the same way with Harry Potter.

I will say that this in not the most challenging or thought provoking book I have read. It isn't the best book or my most favorite book. It is one of my favorites though and I really do like the idea of vampires and a falling in love with one. Especially because of the complications that it causes and the intensity of the situation. I will also say that I am attached to the characters. Their flaws and strength, beauty, and spirit. I highly recommend this series. I can't wait to read "New Moon" and "Eclipse."

6 comments:

Eliza said...

They are cheap at Costco. I bought Twilight for $10.99 (hardback) just this week. Almost done with it so don't spoil! The other 2 were there too and the same price.

I agree it is an easy read but fun none the less.

Erica said...

I am so glad you love them too. I really ignored poor TJ for the entire time I read all three. I always joke and tell TJ, "Edward would never do that.." when TJ doesn't want to help around the house, or anything! TJ despises Edward!! Isn't he so dreamy?!! Ah, you'll have to let me know what you end up thinking!!

M said...

Cianne-
I found your blog through other ward (well old ward, for you) members' blogs and I wanted to say "Hi" and that we miss you! It looks like things are going well for you there.
Hey, it's OK to be obsessed with those books. They may not be the most well written or thought provoking but they sure are fun and exciting and romantic. I loved reading them. Can't wait for the next one. I think I'm going to have to read them all again before it comes out.

Lindsay said...

I loved the books. My poor husband suffered through five long days while I read all three books. Edward is all too romantic and wonderful! Have fun with the rest. I can't hardly wait until the last one comes out! We miss you guys!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Yeah, I just finished Twilight. It took me a little while to finish - I thought it started out a little slow and a bit stalkerish (you know - Edward watching her sleep and stuff...) but it picked up at the end, and since I finished Twilight I have been reading New Moon all day - I was also a little hesitant to read about a vampire, but I agree with your comments and the complications it causes, etc. Very interesting...

Molly Koch said...

i am dying for a comment from you on my blog... i just finished all three and made a comment... so I want to see your response... also who sings this song on your blog right now? love it.