
Jordan had a rare weekend off of work and we headed to Washington, DC to see our friends. I must say that I have been awfully homesick for DC, which is weird because I never have been for Utah. That is not to say that I haven't missed our family, I just haven't missed Utah. I have liked the adventures we have had as a family since leaving Utah. Anyway, back to DC. It is such an incredible city. We have wonderful friends. The kids loved seeing their friends and going to the Air and Space Museum. Jordan and I loved catching up with friends and hearing what they have been up to since we left. I can honestly say that I don't miss apartment life-we stayed in our former apartment complex in an apartment that was the same floor plan. We couldn't believe how small it was! How did we live in it for 4 years! It was perfect for us while we were there, but it is amazing how small it really was. The weirdest thing was going back to our actual apartment. Friends of ours from school moved into our apartment with their three kids. It was crazy to be there, in our apartment, and not have it be our home. We really had a great time.
The only problem is I thought that the trip would help me not miss it so much, but it did the opposite. I was only reminded of how much I truly love that city. There is no place like it on the face of the earth.




3 comments:
Cianne
I'm so glad I found your blog. How is life being a resident's wife? Rob is in his second year. You know that tough semester. We just had our first baby Sophia about 3 months ago. I love being a mother. We miss you at Med Wives. Not very many people have come out this year.
Valerie www.holtlife.blogspot.com
Sounds like you had a great trip to DC - how random you stayed in your old apartment! That would be weird, being there but not having be your place. I love DC! Your pic's from Pilot Mountain are adorable to - darling kids!
I miss DC too! Mostly the people and the overall experience we had there. So many fun memories and most of them include you guys! It was a fun adventure.
Post a Comment