Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Best David Wins!



I have loved, loved, loved this season of American Idol. And I have loved David Cook the entire time. What a talented guy. I think I voted over 20 times for him on Tuesday. With that said, I thought that David Archuleta would win. He had the fan base of all the young girls. So I was thrilled when David Cook won last night.

David Archuleta is one talented kid. And I do think that he out sung Cook on Tuesday night. But Cook is more prepared to be a performer. Archuleta always looked awkward on stage if he wasn't singing. The biggest thing is this-Cook could sing anything that Archuleta sang but Archuleta couldn't sing everything that Cook could. I know. I must be a traitor. Coming from Utah and not voting for a good 'ole Utah boy.

In case you are wondering how much I like David Cook, I bought his new single "Time of My Life" at 9:00 am this morning and I have listened to it several times. Can't wait to see him in concert!

8 comments:

Eliza said...

You're not a traitor... you just have different taste than some.

I disagree with your title. I think they were both deserving, but it's nice we both can have our opinions. So here's mine....

I have to disagree with your statement that "DC could sing anything.... and DA couldn't....". Example: Listen to this. Any song can be changed to any genre you want by anyone (helpful, especially when someone else has already done it for you;) ). I will agree that DC was a better performer. 6 cds,2 bands later,and 8 years under his belt we better expect that from him. I'm sure Cook was "awkward" (I'd call it shy) at 17. That being said, better performer doesn't necessarily mean better singer. I'd like to thank my mom for the violin lessons to help me appreciate pitch.

JMO.

Still love you girl! You know you had this coming. :)

Eliza said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eliza said...

I can't get the link to work so here is the url

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS2PRP89eqM

rachel said...

David Cook, Yep yep yap. Love that he won.

K- I missed having your kids tonight. We had fun but I really would of had a lot more fun if I had Izzy, Abby, and Caleb.

Just thought you should know you ROCK! At that is the honest for goodness truth. Just so you know.

Harmony said...

Hey remember me? I just linked to your blog through Kim and Dave's. It was fun to see your cute little family and not-so-baby boy. Sounds like life is wonderful. I'm blogging to, seiterfam.blogspot.com
If you're interested.

Chereebee said...

I was so bummed that David Cook one - I think that Archuletta has a WAY better voice :)

West Family said...

I loved them both, but I think DC will make a better CD to work-out to:) However, I know my girls will be all over DA in the coming years so I am glad he is a good guy! Miss you, 5 days til Disney--you could still come with us...That would totally rock!

Shawni said...

I thought about never talking to you again over this...but since we are linked for eternity I figured I would forgive you. Go, LDS teen idols! The world could use a few! Just so you know I voted for DA 20-something times...so we canceled each other out . Love you more than ever!

S