I love summer and I can't wait for my girls to be out of school so we can play together more. The best place to play during the hot summer months is definitely the pool. All three of my kids are fish. It must be genetic because both Jordan and I love to swim.
Caleb loves to jump to me from the edge of the pool where it is only a few feet deep. On one occasion I told him to hold on so I could watch Abbi do a flip in the water. Seconds later I hear a splash and look over to see Caleb submersed in water. I pulled him out and he began to laugh....who does that!
Abbi is valiantly trying to swim without holding on to the edge. She could do it last year, but those first few times out are always a little regressed. She does enjoy doing flip after flip under the water. Caleb finds the sight quite hilarious.
Izzy is definitely a different kid in the water. She is usually my timid one, but she has no fear in the water. She was going off of the diving boards and down the water slides almost the second we walked into the pool area. She will swim from one end of the pool to the other and back again. It is great to see her so comfortable in the water.
The biggest question for me is do they really need swimming lessons? Izzy has taken two in her lifetime and Abbi has taken one. They were all in Utah so that was over 5 years ago. Like I said, it is just genetic that my kids are fish.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
fun! I am getting excited for taylor's first swim. I already bought 2 suits and my parents have a pool by there house we can use for free! so excited! I say if they can swim, no need to spend money on lessons. Maybe if they want to do it more competitively, then go for it.
I plan on teaching all our kids to swim, then again I was a swimmer and taught lessons...so i have a hard time justifying the money. Your kids sound like naturals...see what happens!
Masaru sounds like Caleb. No fear, and loves the water. Shuana took them to the new rec. centre yesterday and couldn't believe how well Masaru did in the water by himself.
I think I"m gonna hold off swimming lessons for him till around 4 or even 5. I say they need to love the water and learn to just play.
Plus I can teach them how to swim anyway since it was part of the curriculum in NZ and I taught other kids.
Another reason I love NZ primary education.
Joshua does that:) He would ge so mad at us because we would hold on to him in the water. He wanted to do it on his own. Good luck with that! It was fun to talk to you last night.
Post a Comment