Thursday, June 12, 2008

School's Out For Summer!



This has to be one of my favorite times of the year, just like the first day of school is one of my favorite times. I love that my girls get to be home with me for the summer. That we can play. That naptime doesn't get interrupted. Most of all, I love that we aren't rushing to get out the door for school.

The last day was great. Izzy had an awards ceremony where she received two awards-one for participating in the school play and the other for being a risk-taker (she change schools after one quarter). She made many friends this year and she had a great teacher, Ms Gabriella Ducamp. She also did really well on her EOG's (end of grade test). I am so proud of her and her transition from Arlington. She is such a smart girl and I am excited to see her grow next year when she enters the 4th grade.

Abbi spent her last day of school in a first grade class and helping to clean up her kindergarten class. Her teachers just adored her and they were really great in making sure that she was challenged, which is why she spent time in the first grade. Abbi made great friends. And Ms Purvis cried as she said good-bye to Abbi. It was a bittersweet farewell as we aren't sure where Abbi will be going to school next year. She may be going to second grade instead of first. If she does this than we will be sending her to Izzy's school, so she may have been saying good-bye to her friends as well.

I am such a lucky mom. I have smart and driven kids. They always try their best and I am so proud of them.

7 comments:

Jill said...

Abbi may skip 1st grade!? Wow. That's awesome. Of course you have smart kids--look at her parents!? I miss you sooooooo much. It hurts. The pool isn't the same w/out you. When are you coming?

Melissa said...

So how come Izzy had to change schools? And how come Abbi could be going to the new school if she skips a grade? Why aren't they just at the same school?
Abbi is really pretty.

Kim H. said...

We just had to make this decision with G. They were going to put him in first grade in Jan. It was a hard decision, but in the end I wanted him to be with his own age group. But, if he was a girl, I think I would have made the other decision. Good luck!

Hymas Family said...

I skipped third grade, but then I repeated fourth. Shhhh-, don't tell anyone!

Mandi said...

Just wanted to let you know we are thinking of you. Hopefully we will be able to get together while you are in Utah!

Lewis Family said...

I have always thought what smart little girls you have. I miss them and their big hugs!!! Hope all is well in NC and that you are having a great summer! XOXO, Dixie

Collings Family said...

Cianne, I found the link to your blog through Jasmine's. I've been trying to track you down forever and have been wondering how you are doing! I can't believe how old Isabelle and Abbi are now! Drop me a line sometime: mollycollings@gmail.com and I'll give you a link to my blog. (its private)