Sunday, June 17, 2007

Listening and Comprehension 101

So, how well does one have to listen and comprehend to become an MD. The answer, not very well. Here is the story...

It all happened not long ago, specifically yesterday, at a hamburger joint called "Wendy's." Our order was being taken by a Hispanic woman. I ordered for the kids and myself. Then it Jordan ordered.

"I would like a jr. bacon cheese burger deluxe value meal and a small frosty."

"You want chocolate or banilla?" (this is being written as we heard it, imagine a Spanish accent)

"BANANA! Did you put banana in the Frosty floats because we wanted vanilla? I thought you only had vanilla and chocolate. I don't want banana!"

"Chocolate? Not banilla?"

"No, not banana. Chocolate and we want vanilla in the floats, OK?"

Me in a whisper after we finished the order: "She was saying vanilla! You are the one that speaks Spanish. Don't you remember that the "V" sounds like a "B." She probably thinks you are an idiot! I can't wait to put this on the blog."




The End

2 comments:

Chereebee said...

That is so hillarious!!! I always have a hard time understanding people with accents too :)

Eliza said...

Curtis is the same way except he begins to talk in their accent without knowing it. Hilarious!

ps. my computer has been down so I've not been on in a while. How was the move?