Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Ready for a Long One

So, it has been a while since my last posted and we have been busy. The weekend after Jordan's graduation we headed to Philadelphia. I loved it. After all of the bad things I had heard about Philly, I was nervous to go. Especially since I love the revolutionary history and since we have lived in the most beautiful big city in the US that has the best museums. I was very impressed by the program that they had for kids. Maybe it helped that Disney was a sponsor. The program called "Once Upon A Nation" involved story-telling, games from the period, and people dressed up in costume. Who would have thought that bubble gum was invented in Philly!? Anyway, it was great.



On Memorial Day, we went to Ocean City, Maryland with our friends the Wests. Words cannot describe our experience at OC. We love the place. You get a vast array of characters. Jamie West and I felt a little out of place because we were the only English speaking women on the beach. We were also the only women in bathing suits. Every other woman was in a tank top and cut-off shorts. Caleb loved the ocean. He had no fear of the waves. Izzy and Abbi found sand crabs and also played in the water. As the tide started to come in, Kris West and Jordan decided they could build a moat around our stuff to keep the water back. You can imagine how this turned out. Everyone was laughing at them. I wonder what they would think if they knew that there was nearly 50 years of schooling between the two of them. Makes you wonder what kind of education they were getting in medical school.

Friday June 1st we said good-bye to the Wests. It is such a bittersweet separation. Jordan and Kris are such great friends. Jamie and I always had so much fun together. The kids loved each other like family. We are excited that they are in Syracuse, NY for his residency in Orthopedic Surgery but we are sad that we will not see each other on a weekly basis. Jamie and I cried as we said our farewell. Jordan almost did. Kris and Jamie, you have and always will mean the world to us.

The following Sunday, June 3rd, we left for my dream vacation. (Jordan had his in April. He went water skiing for a week in Mexico with his dad, brothers, and friend Matt) My dream vacation shouldn't come as a surprise. We went to Walt Disney World for one whole week. It was GREAT! (I know that all caps is shouting and I meant it.) We stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort. It was located by Epcot and Disney's MGM. Here is a recap of our week.

Sunday: Arrived in Orlando. We rode the Magic Express bus to our resort. They picked-up and delivered our bags-nice! We went miniature golfing at Winter Summerland.

Monday: We went to the Magic Kingdom and as tradition has it, we went on Splash Mountain first. Abbi and I went first followed by Izzy and Jordan. Caleb got to watch. It really is a perk to have a baby in a stroller and fast passes. The day continued with Dumbo, Peter Pan, Snow White, Tea Cups (yes, even I went on the tea cups), Space Mountain (which Izzy hated), Buzz Lightyear, a parade, fireworks, Pirates, Haunted Mansion...basically everything. We only missed the cars, Astro Orbiters, the flying carpets, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Caleb ended up getting very sick at the fireworks. Followed by explosive diarrhea. (As a word of warning, if you can't handle the last sentence go straight to the pictures).

Tuesday: We went to the Wild Animal Kingdom which is hands down the best zoo in the world. The girls loved Kali Rapids and seeing the animals up-close and active. Caleb continued to have diarrhea. One episode seeped out of the diaper and everywhere in his stroller. We tried to clean it up the best we could in a sink. We were lucky enough to have our second stroller. Luckily, this park closes at 7:00 pm. We left around 5, though. Caleb slept, and slept, and slept. Jordan took the girls to the pool at our hotel. They loved the slide.

Wednesday: Epcot. Epcot is awesome. The new Nemo ride is adorable. We were able to see two bottle-nosed dolphins and two manatees in the Seas building. In the Land building we went on an amazing ride called Living with the Land. They have some pretty smart people working for them at Disney. They had grown and engineered hundreds of plant, veggies, and fruits. All were grown without the use of soil. This could revolutionize deserts as we know them. We had lunch in a Norwegian castle with Belle, Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel, and Princess Aurora. I will be sad when the girls don't melt at this. Then we stayed at the park, through a monsoon, for the fireworks. When we got back to the hotel (Caleb is finally feeling better), Izzy has diarrhea. We get all of the kids to bed, fall asleep, and get woken up at midnight to "Mom, Dad, blahhhh." Izzy barfed all over. She continued this all night. Waking up every half hour or so.



Thursday: Izzy is still barfing. Abbi starts barfing. We have to leave our room for an hour so they can clean the carpets. The girls are in the main house (were they have food and a store) barfing into little bags. When we finally were allowed back into our freshly cleaned room, the five of us enjoyed a 3-hour nap. Then, being the crazy mother I am, we went to Disney's MGM so I could see Fantasmic. My favorite production. And also go on the Tower of Terror.

Friday: Blizzard Beach. Everyone is finally feeling better. It is a great water park. Abbi said it was her favorite place of the whole trip. Jordan and I even went on Summit Plummet, a 120-foot slide. I almost passed out. We went to Downtown Disney that night to see the space shuttle launch, have some dinner, and do some shopping.

Saturday: The Magic Kingdom, again. You have to start and end the trip here. We hit everything we had missed and did everything again that we loved. We also saw SpectroMagic, a parade like the Electric parade at Disney's California Adventure.

Sunday: Came home and realized I was no longer at Disney. Abbi's favorite ride: the People Movers in Tomorrowland. Izzy's favorite ride: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad in Frontierland. Caleb's favorite ride: He seemed to enjoy them all. Jordan: We are still trying to figure that out. Cianne's favorite ride: Each and everyone of them, but if I have to chose...Pirates.


What an adventurous two weeks, wouldn't you say!

2 comments:

Eliza said...

I am so jealous. Your trip sounds as eventful as ours. Jackson had a fever, Isaac got the croup and had to get a blessing from my dad and Curtis. At least we had no barfing. I hope they still had fun. I can't wait to go back to WDW. Our plan is 3 years when Miles is around 4. We really want to do the cruise too. Who knows.

Oh and my family loved Philly.

So isn't the move soon?

Cianne said...

We move on Tuesday! We can't wait.