Thursday, June 28, 2007

Welcome to Winston-Salem, North Carolina

Well, we finally made it to Winston-Salem. We closed on our house on the 20th. Our house is more than I expected it to be. It is beautiful and pictures just don't do it justice. We are almost out of boxes, which is nice, but we feel like the place is empty. I guess that I should expect that after going from our tiny 2-bedroom apartment to our spacious 4-bedroom house. Anyway, we are adjusting to a new neighborhood and a slower pace of life. Here are my top ten reasons for loving it here.

1. A nice, big backyard.
2. My kids can be upstairs and I can be in the kitchen and not hear a thing.
3. Caleb is out of the bathroom.
4. I can pull in and take my groceries right into my kitchen. No more lugging bags from a parking garage to the apartment.
5. Krispie Kreme
6. The ice cream man comes right to our house.
7. The kids can ride there bikes outside and I can stay inside
8. Slip 'n Slide
9. No one is afraid to say they believe in God.
10. I don't have to worry about upstairs or downstairs neighbors!
11. Sorry, I had to put one more. I have learned to love Lowes.

We love it here. We hope that everyone of our friends and family know that they are always welcome to visit. I heard the Krispie Kreme stores in Utah all closed so why not come out here to the original one. Or you can come for some good basketball.

10 comments:

John and Marcia said...

The ice cream man comes right to your door - where do I sign up?

Eliza said...

The KK is still open in Orem. Isn't having a house fabulous! I still want to see pictures.

jonna said...

yahoo! Fun for you! Glad you are settled. Would love to see some pics of the inside.

Cianne said...

I will get pictures on as soon as our desktop is set up. We are using our laptop which is set up for wireless and our pictures are on the desktop. I promise to post some when I can.

aryn said...

Welcome Home! Hear Hear on the Top 11 reasons of having a Home.

I need you to settle a bet for Nate and I- Are you pro home schooling? I thought your comment was sarcastic- Nate thought you were serious.

Emily said...

I'm so jealous, Cianne...two more years for us in an apartment!

Dede said...

Cianne - I love your new home! How nice to have that huge back yard for your kids & dog to run around on. I can't wait for cute Caleb & Griffin to play at the family reunion... I'm assuming you guys wouldn't miss out!

jonna said...

Cianne, I finally responded to your Tag! Sorry!

Camille said...

Cianne and Jordan, we are so glad things are going well and you are starting to feel settled! Hope to see you this summer for the Wallin reunion??? Jordan, Jim has your seat reserved at the BHS 10 year reunion!

Shawni said...

I am mad at you...it has been too long since your last post. I don't care that you are a resident widow, that you have three kids, not to mention a dog, and a new house to organize and decorate. There is no excuse for you ;) I wish I were there with you then posts wouldn't matter. Hey I heard about UT through the Mom and will see what I can do to get myself there. Middle room is mine ;)