Sunday, September 9, 2007

Best Book I Have Read in a Long Time


I have been told to read this book by many people. Many of my friends said it was one of their favorite books. So for a new book club that I joined, this was the book. "These is My Words" by Nancy Turner. It truly is one of the best books that I have read. It is a wonderfully empowering book about a women in Arizona Territory. The main character, Sarah Prine, is truly a heroine. This is a book that I want my girls to read, and my granddaughters. Nothing against men reading this novel, but it tugs at the heartstrings of women and it is a powerful story on the strength of a woman. And just to let you all know how much I loved this book, I am going to go and buy it. I borrowed it from the library because my internal dialogue said "Don't buy it. Chances are you will hate it and never read it again and hate that you spent money on a book you could return to the library. Don't waste your money." But I am going to go buy it. In hardback. So it will always be a book I display and can read over and over without it falling apart.

All I can say is love it, love it, LOVE IT!

6 comments:

jonna said...

I may have to try that book after I read the Twilight Series. Have you heard about those books! I am on the third one! They are very addicting, but good easy reads...just what I need!

Molly Koch said...

can't wait to read it now! I have heard it is good.... and I love love love your new family picture. You look beautiful! I can't believe how much your kids have grown up. That is what happens when I don't see you for 2 years! :)

rachel said...

I agree I loved this book. Can't wait to talk to you about it on Thursday. Love your blog.

Anonymous said...

Hey you,
I love that book too..I have to agree with Jonna about the twilight series, I love them too. Miss you!!

Emily said...

I'm going to have to try that one! Hey, I'm making our blog private, so send me your email address and I can keep you on my list of viewers! Thanks!

grandma bethany said...

Cianne....
Brittany just started her blog and so I was able to read Shawni's too. I noticed your name on Shawni's and wanted to say "Hi". How fun to get an update on you and your beautiful family. Gorgeous kids and how fun to have a boy too and he is so adorable!! I also have read "These Is My Words" and had borrowed the book. It too is one of my favorites. I went on ebay and found some good prices for it. I read the sequel "Sarah's Quilt". It was good, but not as good as "These Is My Words".
Have fun with your little 'free time'. It must be fun to be dancing again!
Bethany Stewart