Thursday, January 17, 2008

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

Okay, so this storm won't go down in the history books, but it will go down in history for our family. We learned this morning that it actually snows in North Carolina. Many of you will say, "That's not a snow storm" but let me tell you, it was enough to cancel school for the day. They actually canceled it last night because we were suppose to get snow. Crazy, huh?

The kids have had a great time playing in it, though. And we were highly unprepared in the snow clothing department for Caleb. Yes, he had to wear pink snow pants, a sweatshirt, a windbreaker, and his tennis shoes. I haven't even had to buy the poor kid a really winter coat yet! The girls were lucky enough to still fit in their snow clothes from last year and they had a great time trying to build a snowman with so little snow.

I guess that it is finally winter!

7 comments:

jonna said...

"Snow" much fun! You are right...it is nothing, and I can't believe they canceled school. I always remember in P.C we would always go to school when S.L.C was canceled. Guess that is what you get for growing up in a ski town, right? The kids look like they are having a blast...love the pink snow pants!:)

Melissa said...

You'll have to post this pic of Caleb in his 'pink' pants at his sweet 16 birthday party or his wedding!! Cute. I bet the kids would love the snow in Utah. I hear it's really deep right now.

Melissa said...

You'll have to post this pic of Caleb in his 'pink' pants at his sweet 16 birthday party or his wedding!! Cute. I bet the kids would love the snow in Utah. I hear it's really deep right now.

Jenni Peay said...

Don't you just love the south? The thought of snow and school is canceled. I love you blog..you guys are such a cute family, miss you

Eliza said...

got 8+ inches just yesterday in my yard... oh how I long for no snow!!

Shawni said...

I LOVE living in Vegas...no snow EVER! I guess to live back with family I will have to forgo my love of the hot dry weather. I miss you and think that you ought to come to Utah in the summer to show off that bikini body :) I will be there for sure May and June! Kisses all around.

Heather said...

Fun pics! I love "Sweet Dreams"...a long time favorite.