Sunday, January 6, 2008

Christmas...Finally

Christmas came early at the Wallin household. Santa came the night of the 23rd so we celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve. You may be asking yourself why. Well, you asked...Jordan, being the lowest man on the totem pole, earned the honor of working a 30-hour shift starting Christmas morning. The best part of the whole thing wasn't only that he worked a 30-hour shift on the 25th, but he also did it on the 21st, 23rd, and 27th. It was a fabulous week. Isn't in glamorous being married to a doctor!? The kids sure didn't mind that we moved things up. But I missed our tradition of wrapping presents the night before, laughing and talking.



To move on with the good stuff. We all had a wonderful Christmas. Both of the girls received an American Girl doll from Santa. Izzy has Kit and Abbi has Emily. Just an FYI Emily is Molly's friend. They absolutely love their dolls. Grandpa Craig and Barbara, Nana Ann, and Bama all gave them outfits and accessories for their dolls. They even got the beds from Craig and Barbara! They also got Hairspray and High School Musical 2. Caleb also had a great Christmas. His big gift from Santa was a bike. He really likes to be a big boy. But his favorite gift is a small horse calendar that Santa put in his sock. He saw it first thing and wanted nothing to do with anything else. Grandpa Craig and Barbara sent him some work trucks (CAT) and he is always dragging them around the house. Jordan and Santa spoiled me like always. Running shoes top the list. I have been needing some for months. Jordan wasn't so lucky. We weren't going to do anything for each other. I followed this rule and got him an mirror for the shower. The kids kept asking him if he had been bad because Santa didn't give him a lot. Santa did give him tickets to a hockey game, so he couldn't have been that bad.



Christmas Eve we hosted 16 people at our home for dinner. We had the usual-ham, rolls, salad, veggie. We also had some great appetizers and desserts. It was a blast. I am so grateful for my frimily (friends who have become family) and the support that we have from one another. I don't know what I would do without them. Christmas morning we got together with more people for brunch. It was nice to have some where to go with Jordan being gone. That afternoon my friend Kim and her girls met us at the movie theater to see Disney's Enchanted. If you have a little girl you must see this. If you loved Hairspray you must see it. It is great. The whole time I kept thinking "I can't wait to buy this."

All the kids on Christmas Eve

The best part of Christmas is being able to reflect on the importance of our Savior's birth. His birth lead to his amazing sacrifice on the cross. It brought to pass the glorious plan of salvation. I am so grateful for his birth and for the divinity of his life and death. I hope you all had a beautiful Christmas and that you feel the love of the Savior in your life daily.

8 comments:

Eliza said...

I love how excited Abbi was to get her HSM underwear. So cute.

Your house looks so cute too! Wish I could see it in person.

Cianne said...

I know, have you ever seen some one so happy to get underwear! By the way, I love that she calls them underpants.

Unknown said...

It looks like you guys had a great Christmas. I love your new dinning room table also! Joshua was looking at these pictures with me and kept asking why he was there with you. (he thinks he is Caleb)

jonna said...

I am glad you had a good holiday. I am sorry we all missed our tradition of getting together...we will have to try again this year.

Camie said...

Hi Wallins!

It is so fun to hear from you and to see your adorable family.

Keep it up with the book recommendations. I will have to get on board with one of those soon.

Way to get political, Cianne!

kaye said...

Looks like a fun Christmas! I love all the kids at the dinner table. Abbi was so cute in your class Sunday telling me about her Christmas.

Jenni Peay said...

What a cute Family, I love the underpants!!! We miss you guys and are so happy you are doing well!

Emma and Dan said...

We missed you at book club tonight. :(
Caleb is so big - I haven't seen him for a while. I loved the "underpants" part of the video. :) Seeing Izzy and Abbi made me excited for Elena's future super-girly Christmas presents like fake nails and TigerBeat magazine. :)