With primaries and caucuses well underway, I have become very curious has to how the media portrays the impending election. As a Mitt supporter, I will admit that I am bias on his support. With that in mind, why did Mitt have to win in Michigan to keep his hopes alive? He had the second highest votes in Iowa and New Hampshire and then won in Wyoming, where he was largely uncontested. Knowing that, why did the press/media keep telling us, as voters, that his campaign would need to call it quits if he didn't get a win in Michigan yet they never mention that Giuliani
hasn't earned a single delegate and that he has had embarrassing loses in
all of the primaries and caucuses to date. What about Thompson? Both of these men used to be high in the national polls and now they are at the bottom. Are people really that afraid of Mitt? Are they really that against him winning?
I think that Mitt has a very good strategy, get as many delegate votes as possible. He focuses on
all of the states instead of the states he knows he can win. It is all about the bottom line.
If the media is afraid to say there is a front runner, than I will say it for them. According to
CNN.com, Mitt has 48 promised delegates to Huckabee's 19 and McCain's 15. Looks like there is a front-runner-Mitt Romney.
I would like to know how you all feel about this. Thanks for your thoughts.
Go Mitt!
9 comments:
Of course I remember who you are. You totally look the same-the beautiful dark skin and dark hair. What a cute family! What are you guys doing in NC? I have to tell you that I am a political buff, since moving to DC so I am totally into this thing. All I have to say is that the media doesn't want Romney to win, that's why they are always talking up McCain and Huckabee. :)
The MSM doesn't want Mitt to win because they know they can't beat him. My penny please?
You know I am behind you on this one. He was cast as insincere by his opponents from the get-go, and the press has tried to followup on that story whenever possible. If people could get past the superficial storylines blasted at us repeatedly by the main stream media, I know they would see the best Reagan republican in the race.
Whatever, televesion journalists!
I agree completely with your comments, Cianne. It seems so obvious that they're snubbing Mitt!
He's staying strong and winning delegates along the way.
Florida will be a BIG showing for what could happen in the future. If Giuliani wins, he may be OUT! Then, what? Thompson? We'll see...isn't this exciting?
I agree...if anyone has been consistent it is Mitt. Finishing either 1st or second in EVERY caucus/primary.
Well he just slaughtered everyone else in NV.
I seriously think that the Media thinks americans/voters are stupid. They should know by now that they've lost our trust that they'll actually report truths or be unbiased.
Oh and I also love your post title... from one of my favorite movies. Remember when we use to go to late movies? Miss you girl!
Ditto with Cam. She's my political consultant. Mitt's got my vote, but Oregon doesn't matter. Good thing he's got supporters in N.C. Keep up the good work.
Go Mitt! I'm with you all the way! I definitely agree with you on the media...they're terrible to him. It gets frustrating to listen to becasue you know the media influences people more than they realize. People in this country are too lazy to find out the real facts themselves, so they trust the decieving media.
I totally am a Mitt fan of course. And Can't wait to see him president. I love that he is getting votes and people are shocked its so funny. They will support someone with a dark past and then a great guy comes along and they question him.
Post a Comment