Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter

What a great Easter weekend we had. It all began on Friday when everyone, yes, even Jordan, had the day off. On Saturday, we had an egg hunt at our community model home in the morning, we dyed eggs in the afternoon, and then we went to our church for an egg hunt and a fund raiser for the young women (girls 12-18). We had a great time. Sunday we awoke to a home full of candy, hidden eggs, baskets, and a nice breakfast. After church we had the traditional ham, potatoes, cream corn, and salad.



With all of the "fun" that surrounds Easter, it wasn't what made Easter wonderful. As we sat in Sacrament meeting listening to other members of our congregation address us, I was struck with great appreciation for our Savior, Jesus Christ. Listening, and remembering what he did for us literally brought tears to my eyes (the girls even asked why I was crying). I just can't imagine the pain he suffered in Gethsemane for us or the torture of hanging on the cross. Nails driven into his body, a crown of thrones on his head, and a stab wound in his side from a spear. Isn't it amazing the love he has for us and the sacrifice he was willing to go through so we could one day return to him. I am forever grateful for this innocent sacrifice. I truly believe that Jesus is the Christ. That he is my Savior and that without this sacrifice, the Atonement, and his resurrection, I would be lost. I know I can do nothing without His help. I am so humbled to know this.


I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. I hope that the joy of the resurrection abides in your heart everyday.

4 comments:

Casey * Haley * Avery * Owen said...

What a wonderful weekend to have your husband home, there is nothing better than that! What cute kids you have, they look so cute in all the pictures. Happy Spring!!!

Jill said...

I love the videos! Looks like you had a fabulous Easter. I miss you all so much I can barely stand it!!
xoxox

Amber said...

What a fun mom you are, Cianne! I wish your Easter egg hunt had been at The Grove. Why do you torture us with your absence?

Melissa said...

I'm glad you guys had a great easter. I'm glad Jordan was home for the day as well.