Thursday, March 13, 2008

If Your Name Happens to be Caleb

Then you have had a very bad week. And that is putting it gently. This is how your week has gone, if you happen to be named Caleb.

1. You fell down a few stairs at home. The result was a goose egg over your right eye and a rug burn on your left eyebrow.
2. That same day, you ran head first into the piano and the piano won. The injury was a bruise at the corner of your right eye.
3. On your way out to meet your dad when he came home from work, the dog knocked you over and you skinned your knees.
4. You stub your big toe on the corner of a wall and get a bruise on your big toe, all the way to the nail.
5. At the park you initially are having a great time. This quickly comes to an end when you slip off the paved path, scratch the entire left side of your face, get a bruise under your eye, and a huge, bleeding goose egg over your left eye.





Needless to say, it has been a very bad week.

12 comments:

Kim H. said...

poor kid...maybe you should wrap him in toilet paper like that old commercial;) I. is our accident prone kid. always getting hurt. Hope they can heal before the next one comes:)

West Family said...

That is about how Joshua looked for an entire year. I think his knees never were "unskinned" the entire summer that he was 2! What a cutie Caleb is! Have you taught him to take it like a man and shake it off? Sometimes it helps the inevitable tears stop and forget about the bump:)

We miss you!

Jamie

Shaylee'n'Eric said...

Oh my gosh, what a bad day. It takes the cake for sure.
But his a cutie

Camie said...

Ohhhh. Sometimes bad things happen to cute, little people!

Calder Family said...

Poor Caleb! He still looks adorable and happy with all those bumps and bruises!

Melissa said...

Wow and I thought Masaru was bad! Luckily young kids are fast healers.

Lewis Family said...

Now Caleb really looks like a Lewis Boy!!!! Love and miss ya'll!

Dixie

kaye said...

The pictures don't even do it justice. He's probably a tough little guy. And he's definitely cute!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Oh my goodness, that is one very bad week, poor little guy - but he is still smiling, what a little cutie!

Shawni said...

I am sorry to say but I laughed a little while reading this...I guess I couldn't be a Dorius otherwise! Caleb looks like he's okay. What I want to know is if you are okay, and what you looked like at the end of the week! Lots of hugs and kisses to the best mom ever.

The Taylors said...

What a pleasant surprise. Doug and I were googling (sp?) White house egg roll and your pic/blog came up. Imagine that. How's North Carolina treating you all? Hope all is well and enjoying the beginning of spring!
-adele

Jill said...

Oh my goodness! Poor Caleb! but who can go through something like that and still look adorable but him!?!?!