Thursday, April 19, 2007

Our First Home



The adventure to buy our first home started out rough. After 30 minutes of driving, Jordan ran over a screw and our tire went flat. We put on the spare, headed to Pep Boys, fixed the tire, and then we were on our way. We finally made it to North Carolina.






The weekend was busy with the hunt for a home.
We looked at established homes and new homes. After two days, we decided to build our home. It will be four bedrooms and two and a half baths. A nice big kitchen and a backyard made our decision much easier. And here it is. Our plot of land. It now holds a foundation and the start of framing! It looks pretty desolate, but when it is done it will be great!

6 comments:

Eliza said...

Yay! I love this blogging stuff. It really is one of the only ways I now communicate with my family. Cousins that I only see at Family events I now talk to everyday! So are you in North Carolina now and for good? When will the house be done? fill us all in!

jonna said...

Cianne, isn't this fun! I think we need to talk Jessie, Jennie, and Jordan into doing the same. Then we be able to catch up on each others live more often. Very cute.

Cianne said...

Eliza,
We will be moving to NC in June. Our house is supposed to be done on June 23rd, but they are already 5 days ahead of schedule. I wouldn't mind staying in NC for good, but we won't know for sure until Jordan is finishing his residency in 5 years. All I know is the cost of living is awesome. There is one major downfall to NC...there is no 7-11! I think that my kids and I might die from the lack of slurpees!

Eliza said...

Lehi has no 7-11 either. I have to drive to Draper or Orem to get one. Or Curtis is the nice hubby and brings me one on his way home from work.

So at least 5 years there then eh? At least you are close to WDW!

Cianne said...

Yeah, we will be close to WDW. We are actually going June 3-10. Can't wait. We haven't been to anything Disney since Jordan started school.

Eliza said...

We just went in March and I am going with my mom and sisters and sister-in-law the beginning of May!!! WDW is a few year away when Miles is bigger.