Saturday, April 28, 2007

My Newest Addiction

As some of you may know, I have quite a few addictions-chocolate, slurpees, Disney, email, but now I have a new one. And, if you know me very well, you will be surprised to learn what it is. Running. I love it. It makes me a happier person and a better mom. I never thought that I would love to get me shoes on and head out the door with my ipod blasting. But I do. I have been consistently running since February. This week I was able to take my running outside and I enjoy it even more. Actually, to be completely honest it isn't the running that I love. It is the feeling that I get when I finish. After today's three sweaty miles, I feel so great. It is also nice to have my clothes fit better and to see the numbers on the scale go down.
Anyway, I am now an advocate for running. It is great. I hope to run the Disney World Marathon in January. But, again if you know me well, I tend to set high goals and I don't always achieve them. I hope this works out. Then I will get the best of both worlds-the running world and Disney World.

4 comments:

Eliza said...

I must say, I can only relate to the chocolate, slurpees, Disney, and Email/Blog. BUT running? Where were you when I was running at the Village? I think I might enjoy it more now cause it would be my "ME" time away from the chilins. Good for you...OH and when you run that marathon in DW...I'll come and watch/support you. ;)

Cianne said...

I think it helps to have an ipod turned up really loud! Come to DW. Actually, Jordan and I were just talking about me taking a girls trip-interested?

Eliza said...

Yes...I'm actually taking one this week! I'm going to DL with my sisters, sister in law, cousins and an Aunt! I am so excited. The only hard part of this was weening my baby. He has been the best nurser and tonight I was hurting so bad so I had to pump. I've been slowly doing it but for the last 2 nights i've done the bottle when he wakes up. I hope it goes away fast.

aryn said...

Welcome to The Running World, you really- physically can get addicted to running aka "Runners High"- it's the best.